Dancing up a storm
CANDO SOCIAL EVENT
WE will see you May 2019
Ticket information Please Call : 250-563-1852
HOW DID THE CANDO START?
The Cando Social was formed in 1997
by Persons with Disabilities and Special Needs.
Our main function is an educational, interactive social event for persons facing any type of disabilities along with their families or caregivers.
Our goals are to
- Give the opportunity to all those with Disabilities and Special Needs to enjoy an event that is theirs .
- To thank everyone for all their accomplishments through out the year without feeling isolated.
- Increase self-awareness of persons with Disabilities and Special Needs and of their potential.
- Increase the self-esteem of persons with Disabilities and Special Needs through participation.
- Establish long-term beneficial relationships between persons with Disabilities and Special Needs and Community Workers.
- Unify various groups in the community that share common goals throughout the year.
- Develop public awareness of the abilities of Persons with Disabilities and Special Needs
- Offer a platform for all persons with Disabilities and Special Needs to share with others their natural gifts or developed skills
Our theme is: “Accept the challenge- Share the rewards”
This interactive evening has been made possible for the past eighteen years by, Civic Centre, C.N.C., the City of Prince George, local service clubs, the business community, some private donations, several local bands, as well as the hard work and dedication of the Can-Do Committee .
2017 there were 200 people attending this event..